|1st time fail :(|
So the second time I decided to not use a recipe at all and just make it up... and it worked really well! The final result -
- 100g butter
- 60g icing sugar
- 40g brown sugar
- 140g plain flour
- 1/2 zest of a lemon and lime
- 1/2 juice of a lemon and lime
- Handful of fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- Drop of vanilla essence
|Squash ball sized|
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Cream the butter and sugars together, until smooth and creamy. Then sieve increments of the flour into the mixture, making sure you mix all the time. When fully incorporated the dough should be quite stiff.
- Add the zests, juices, basil and vanilla. Mix till well distributed.
- Squish the dough together with your hands (it should feel like play-dough). Roll it in a mixture of extra plain flour and icing sugar on a clean surface till it feels less squidgy.
- Tear off sections and roll into balls the size of a squash ball. Place these on a baking sheet (with greaseproof paper) with plenty of space between them. Gently squash them down.
- Cook for around 20 mins until golden brown. Then allow to cool on a wire rack (or oven rack as I use).