Wednesday 6 June 2012

Recipe: Mini quiches


I made four of these mini quiches for my lunches, a whole one was a good size. Each one was around 5 inches across but can size tin or dish would be fine to use, you just need to make sure that the sides are not too high - around an inch is a good height. I got mine from the seconds section of ikea!

I can't remember exactly what I put in them... some thing on the lines of this -

Ingredients:

For the pastry (can't remember the proprotions... sorry!) -

  • Plain flour
  • Butter
  • Water
  • Pepper
  • Nutmeg
For the filling - 
  •  2 eggs
  • Single cream
  • Cheddar cheese
  • Feta cheese
  • Black olives (sliced roughly)
  • Broccoli (cut into bitesized pieces)
  • Smoked bacon 
Basically make the pastry, roll it out and bake blind till golden coloured. Then fry the broccoli and bacon with a little oil til the bacon is crispy then put into the pastry cases. Add the feta and olives. Then beat the eggs and single cream together. Add the cheddar and season with lots of pepper. Pour this over the mixture in the pastry cases to fill them up. Don't let it overflow otherwise they will be hard to remove. Cook in the oven till golden on-top. 

Really sorry I can't remember any proportions - I didn't weigh anything out... and sorry I can't remember any timings or oven temperatures either... But you get the basic idea!

L xx

No comments:

Post a Comment